Do you want to make your plaque truly unique? Emblems and portraits enhance and personalize a cast plaque to make it a one-of-a-kind creation. With modern techniques, nearly any image can be molded into your design. To incorporate these items into custom bronze plaques in Glendale, CA, craftsmen use several methods.
If you would like to create a bronze plaque with an emblem or portrait, consider the following options for your design.
- Flat relief emblems: If you have camera-ready art or an electronic file to reproduce an emblem, this is an ideal option. When your bronze plaque is created, line details are raised the same height as the raised copy. This results in a sharp finish that makes your emblem stand out on the plaque.
- Bas-relief emblems: This option offers a multi-level design. Some emblems and logos lend themselves to this look better than others. If chosen, the image is sculpted in clay or modeled using a computer-aided 3D model maker. The final plaque features a detailed reproduction of your emblem.
- Bas-relief portraits: Would you like to reproduce photographs on your custom bronze plaques in Glendale, CA? Bas-reliefs are a good option for both interior and exterior applications. They can also be used to depict buildings and many logos. For this process, the technician creates a low-relief clay sculpture of the subject, then produces a sand mold and a cast metal version. The cast bas-relief is hand-finished and mechanically attached to the plaque background.
- Flat-relief portraits: Also suitable for interior and exterior applications, flat relief portraits offer an economic alternative to bas-relief. This technique begins with a black and white rendering of the subject, then a photopolymer pattern is produced. A raised image, two-level metal casting is then created and applied to the plaque.
- Etched portraits: If you have a photograph with high contrast tones and bright white areas, dense black areas and minimal gray tones, etched portraits are a good option. To create the portrait, a halftone dot pattern is etched on a bronze plate. The dots are then filled with black to contrast a satin-finished background. This product is recommended for interior use only.
- Photoceramic portraits: This option creates an exact permanent reproduction of your photo on a ceramic base. The photo is scanned and a digital transfer is applied to the ceramic. A clear glaze is then applied to the transfer, and the piece is cured in a kiln. It is important to note that these pieces are not vandal-resistant.
- Metalphoto™ portraits: If your media is extremely detailed or does not have a lot of contrast, such as old photos, this method is a good option for creating custom bronze plaques in Glendale, CA. A photosensitive aluminum sheet is exposed using a film negative and the image is produced in a permanent black image on the plate.
What project do you have in mind? Make your next plaque unique and memorable with distinctive emblems and photographs. Contact the expert technicians at Saxton Bronze Architectural Signage to discover all the possibilities for your custom bronze plaques in Glendale, CA.
Categorised in: Custom Bronze Plaques
This post was written by Writer