Saxton can produce waterjet-cut metal letters in virtually any letter style using electronic artwork. Waterjet-cut letters have sharp inside corners and more precise details than router-cut or cast metal letters. A wide range of materials and finishes provide numerous design options for dimensional letters.
Unlimited by the range of letter styles, waterjet-cut letters are ideal for complex shapes and curves of custom letter styles.
Other applications for waterjet-cutting may be joined or script letters and pierced logos.
To accommodate backlighting or expose the installation wall, waterjet-cut letters may be cut from the background of a sheet of metal.
Other applications may be:
- Logos or plaques that require precision joining of two different materials
- Instrument and control panels with stencil cut shapes and pierced holes.
Letter styles are generated from a digital file. Saxton has access to fonts from the following sources:
- Corel Draw
- Adobe Illustrator
- Gerber Graphix Advantage (Standard fonts)
Most any flat-faced letter styles can be waterjet-cut from electronic artwork. Acceptable formats include any TrueType font, a .dxf image saved in outline form, an Adobe Illustrator file saved as curves for either a Mac or a PC. Our most preferred format is CorelDraw in any version for either a Mac or a PC.
Standard thicknesses for all materials are:
- 1/8″ (.125″)
- 1/4″ (.250″)
- 3/8″ (.375″)
- 1/2″ (.50″)
- Generally, waterjet-cut letter styles are not offered under 2″ cap height.
- If joined or script letters exceed material dimensions (either 36″ x 96″ or 48″ x 96″), determine where the seams will be least obvious.