Using the latest computer-aided technology, Saxton can produce cast metal letters in virtually any letter style. Since the actual letters are cast, not cut, there is no cost difference between serif and non-serif letters.
Custom cast letters are available in bronze, aluminum and brass with the same finishes and mounting methods as our standard cast letter styles.
Cast letters are manufactured using sand molds in our state-of-the-art foundry from raw ingot alloyed in the following materials:
Custom letter styles are initially generated from a digital file. Saxton has access to fonts from the following sources:
- Corel Draw
- Adobe Illustrator
- Gerber Graphix Advantage (Standard Fonts)
If the font required is not available from one of these sources or it has been modified in any way (Ex: italicized, condensed or expanded), provide artwork by one of the following methods:
- Artwork uploads through the Saxtons’ on-line cast letter order form
- Attachment to an e-mail
- Floppy disk, Zip disk or CD-ROM
- Camera-ready art able to be scanned
Be sure to refer to the Artwork section for complete instructions on how to send.
Standard depths for custom cast letters are:
- 1/4″ Depth
- 3/8″ Depth
- 1/2″ Depth
Letters cast in any of the standard depths will be cast solid, flat-backed.
Deeper letters will require special tooling and will be cast hollow, with return flanges.
Custom Prismatic or Round Faces
In addition to standard flat face letters, many letter styles can be successfully converted to a prismatic face through either CAD equipment or hand carved by a pattern maker.
In addition to prismatic faces, custom round-face letters are available in some letter styles.
Both prismatic & round-face letters are not recommended for letter sizes under 2″ in height and may not be appropriate for all letter styles. Contact us before specifying.
- Generally, custom cast letter styles are not suitable for applications where the letter height is under 3″.
- Letters over 24″ in height are not normally produced economically in a custom cast letter.
- Not all typefaces lend themselves to prismatic or round-face cast letters.
- A custom bronze letter is ideally suited for exterior use and will hold up better than brass letters.
- Custom logos or ligatures may be combined with any custom or standard cast letter. Be sure to order at the same time in order for the finish to be consistent on all items.